I was away for most of October so there are not as many reviews as usual (Four are children’s books). For detailed reviews check out my Reviews and Reading page.
- “The Oracle” by D.J. Niko *****
- “The Grey Lady of Long Branch” by Maura Satchell ***
- “Fear and Courage: Fourteen Writers Explore Sime-Gen” J. Lictenberg et al, eds. Z Farris & K MacLeod ****1/2
- “Jesper Jinx” (Book 1) by Marko Kitti ****
- “Jesper Jinx and the Sneezing Season” (Book 2) by Marko Kitti ****
- “Jesper Jinx and the Turkish Pepper” (Book 3) by Marko Kitti
“Fear and Courage: Fourteen Writers Explore Sime~Gen”
by Jacqueline Lichtenberg
****1/2 There is something for every Sci-Fi fan in this collection of short stories and poems. Even if you have no knowledge of the Sime-Gen books, writings and world, the foreword to the book provides sufficient background for you to dive right in. The works in this compendium range from the touching to the kind-of-creepy. Engaging and well-written, with the quality of writing consistent across the pieces.
Please note: I personally know two of the authors. I was not asked to complete a review and I purchased the book myself. This is an honest review – Had I thought that the book was rubbish I would not have insulted either of them by pretending that it wasn’t.