As many of you may already know, I am a big supporter of Blue Roo Theatre Company. Blue Roo Theatre Company Inc. is a not-for-profit independent production company. They provide an important link between the disability community, the performing arts sector, and the broader community, in that all performers in our productions have a disability.
In order to raise much needed funds, Blue Roo are holding a raffle. There are many fabulous prizes up for grabs. Entires close on 15 August, so don’t delay and support this wonderful organisation today :).
Blue Roo Theatre Company Inc
The Blue Roo Inaugural Charity Raffle is LIVE! Thanks to our raffle sponsors, their generosity, and the hard work of Cam, our Promotions and Fundraising Officer. The raffle closes on the 15th of August and draws on the 16th of August.
Jump to the Raffle website – https://go.rallyup.com/blueroocharityroofle The 2022 Blue Roo Charity Raffle has something for everyone, and has multiple prize winners. See our sponsors’ prize donations below.
How you can support the Inaugural 2022 Blue Roo Charity Raffle
1. Purchase some tickets, and most importantly,
2. Become a Blue Roo Charity Raffle Ambassador – by spreading the news of the raffle news across your friends, family, social media contacts and work networks. The wider we spread the news, the closer we edge towards our raffle goal.
Thank you, in advance, for supporting our artists and arts workers with a disability to tell their stories and shine on stage, in public spaces and on film, tour regional Queensland schools and ‘wow’ communities worldwide with their ability and joy.
Blue Roo Team
Our Sponsors and their fabulous donations have something for everyone.
Sport and Fitness
- AFL – Gold Coast Suns – 4 tickets to the Lounge presented by Virgin Australia at Metricon Stadium, redeemable at one GC SUNS Toyota AFL Premiership Home Match in 2022.
- Body Fit Training – 1x Month of Free Unlimited Group Training at Everton Park for all fitness levels. Scientifically proven training techniques aimed at reducing fat and creating lean muscle in various 50-minute training sessions overseen by highly accredited coaches.
- 8-Week Transformation Program with Jess Richards, certified Brisbane personal trainer and bikini competitor – 1 program consisting of 2 x 4-week training blocks, App access and 3 educational guides, Facebook forum support & education.
- Cheeky Winks – 1 x Gym Towel Triple Pack Lightweight, compact, ultra-absorbent, odour-free, quick-drying, and FUNKY gym towels.
- Remedy Clothing Co – 1x $125 clothing voucher from a clothing brand dedicated to producing eco-friendly, vegan and recycled clothing using 100% recycled materials to reduce our carbon footprint and contribute to a more sustainable future.
- Whizz Cleaning Service – 1x professional basic house clean to make your home or apartment look its best.
- Lunch Lady – 3 individual prize packs of 10 x Lunch Lady Coffee Table Magazines and Tote Bag.Isubscribe, Booktopia and eBay globally distribute Lunch Lady Magazine. Perfect for anyone parenting young children wanting to discover some fun activities and cook up healthy, yummy recipes.
Food Glorious Food
- The Baking Bunch – 4x individual prize packs of Baking Bunch Family Packs to be won. The Baking Bunch is a non for profit charity teaching people with disability to work in hospitality. Each Family Pack includes 1 x Quiche, 1x Chocolate Cake, 6 x Muffins, and 12x Cookies. Awesome!
- New Day Cafe – 1x Voucher for Coffee and Bagels for 2. A new business in Brisbane that has gone gangbusters thanks to their delicious bagels and coffee. Their bagels range from simple elegance to decadent comfort food.
- Chily Studios – 1x $150 Event Photography voucher. Brisbane-based photography company capturing your special moments and memories that last a lifetime and has toured with some of the biggest names in music, including Janet Jackson, 50 cents, Black Eyed Peas, and Jason Derulo.
Creative and Performing Arts
- Shannon Malloy (best-selling author) – 1x Signed Copy of ‘Fourteen’ and 2x Tickets to see ‘Fourteen’ at QPAC on a chosen date (pending availability). Fourteen is a moving memoir about Shannon’s “year of darkness and the light that followed.” Shake and Stir theatre company have turned the written masterpiece into a stage spectacle as part of the Brisbane Festival, performed at QPAC from the 27th of August to the 10th of September.
- Blue Roo Theatre Company – 4x Tickets to Blue Roo Theatre Company’s End of Year Production. All of our shows are original stories collaboratively devised by our inclusive ensemble with disability and creatively supported by some of Queensland’s most respected independent artists, musicians and Directors. This year’s show is called ‘Tis the Season’ and is a bubbly show navigating the highs and lows of the Christmas season. An awesome family outing!
- Peachy by Lina – 1x Large Custom Painting. Lina Vincenzino is a local Brisbane photographer and artist. Her art is sold at markets and independently on her website. Lina’s deluxe custom paintings are valued at $150.
- Peachy by Lina – 1x Custom Handmade Ceramics Set comprising a large mug, milk pourer and tea plate. Lina Vincenzino is a local Brisbane photographer and artist. Her art is sold at markets and independently on her website. Lina’s handmade ceramics set is valued at $100 – $150.