Vanity Press Writers Journey

Update on my Vanity Press post

money-bag-400290_1280A member of my writer’s group has recently (this week) been on the receiving end of a set of emails and text messages from a Vanity Press company.  He’s being offered a “great” half-price “deal” on publishing packages. When I looked at what was included in the package, 90% of it can be sourced for free by the author directly (if prepared to do minimal leg work), and the other 10% can be purchased for about a third of the cost of the half-price deal. What I particularly loved about this deal was that you, the author, could pre-pay for a package even if you haven’t completed your manuscript. Bargain! I guess business is getting a little thin on the ground as more people are becoming aware of these rorts. Be aware people!

P.S. Thanks to those people who were concerned that I may have lost money to these charlatans, I have not been duped out of any money so far (and do not intend to be into the future either). If you, however, are easily parted from your money, please feel free to contact me and I will relieve you of your burden, for a large fee. 🙂

By sarahjwrites

I am embarking on a new adventure and trying to make my way in the world as a professional writer - Science fiction & crime mostly.

I also like loads of really boring things like gardening, craft work and baking. Oh and I eat a lot.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.