- Goal setting: writers-goals-template
- Writing Project Planner
Editing: Information Sheets, Check Lists & Links
- First Draft Edit: editing-your-first-draft-checklist-pdf (PDF)
- First Draft Edit: editing-your-first-draft-checklist (Word)
- Second Draft & Beyond Edit: editing-your-second-draft-checklist (PDF)
- Second Draft & Beyond Edit: editing-your-second-draft-checklist (Word)
- Print-Proofs: editing-your-print-proof-checklist (PDF)
- Print Proofs: editing-your-print-proof-checklist (Word)
- Edit Cheat list: Hints and tips (PDF)
- Edit Cheat list: Hints and tips (Word)
Publishing: Information Sheets, Check Lists & Links
- Book Launch Check List
- Marketing Check List
- Press Kit Check List
- Types of publishers: 5 Key Book Publishing Paths
Other Useful Links:
- Australian Society of Authors: The Australian Society of Authors is the professional association for those involved at all levels of the the industry (https://www.asauthors.org) .
- Amazon Author Central; This is where you can set up your personal author page. Your author bio and details of your works for sale can be accessed by readers (https://authorcentral.amazon.com).
- Writers Victoria: Writers Victoria supports and connects all types of writers at all stages of their writing careers. Most Australian states have a similar organisation. Check the ASA site for details. (https://writersvictoria.org.au)
- KPD/Amazon: Self Publishing website where you can set up e-books for sale on Amazon (https://kdp.amazon.com).
- CreateSpace: One of many places where you can self publish your book. There are cheap options for covers, free templates, print on demand options and on-line distribution (https://www.createspace.com).
- IRS: Need to register for a US tax number (EIN) to enable you to set your tax details for Amazon/Kindle and alike? You will find the details via this site: https://www.irs.gov
- National Library of Australia: Legal deposit is a requirement for Australian publications to be deposited with the National Library of Australia.This includes self-published print and electronic books. (https://www.nla.gov.au/legal-deposit)